CardStarter Bridge Development & World Mobile Token Update
With Cardano’s mainnet launch on the horizon, we are excited to bring you the latest updates on the CARDS Bridge, which will facilitate the migration of over $100,000,000 worth of liquidity from the Ethereum network to Cardano. This marks a significant milestone for CardStarter as we enter the Great Migration phase of our roadmap.
The CARDS Bridge will allow for one way migration from the Ethereum network to the Cardano network and is scheduled to be deployed in approximately two weeks from the release of this announcement (shortly after the September 12th mainnet launch date). Users who participated in the World Mobile Token sale on CardStarter will then be able to connect to the bridge and use it to claim their Cardano Native World Mobile Tokens in exchange for their ERC20 placeholder tokens.
The procedure is outlined below:
- Connect MetaMask or any supported ERC20 non-custodial wallet to the bridge.
- Enter the desired amount to be bridged.
- Enter a Cardano wallet address. (Any Cardano wallet can be used but GeroWallet or Yoroi are recommended for ease of use.)
- Click Bridge and approve the transaction.
- Upon confirming the transaction, ERC20 placeholder tokens will be burned and Cardano Native WMT will be issued to the Cardano wallet address provided in Step 3.
WMT Token Guide
In the event that World Mobile Tokens are listed before the bridge is completed, an alternative method will be offered to users to receive their Cardano Native Tokens. Ultimately, users will have access to their tokens before WMT is listed on a Centralized Exchange or Decentralized Exchange on Cardano.
CardStarter would like to thank our community for your patience as we work towards putting the final touches on the CARDS Bridge.