Tomorrow Saturday 4/30/2022 starting at 10am PDT/5pm UTC holders of $CARDS, $C3, and $GERO will be able to bridge their assets from the Ethereum network to Cardano. While we have been working on creating a smooth user experience with as little friction possible, this initial bridge solution will require a few steps. First users will send their tokens to the Milkomeda network using Nomad, and then to their final destination on the Cardano network. To bridge assets using this process, users will be required to use MetaMask for ERC20 transactions, and we recommend using Nami Wallet or Flint Wallet for Cardano to easily fund their Milkomeda accounts with MilkADA.
Step 1: Navigate to the Nomad Bridge website.
Official URL is app.nomad.xyz
The website should appear like the screenshot below
***Only connect to official sites*** Double check the URL is correct.
Step 2: Connect your Wallet
***For this step, make sure you already have a MetaMask wallet created and your tokens stored in the wallet. You can learn more about how to setup MetaMask here: MetaMask How-to***
- Select the ‘Connect Wallet’ Button in the top right corner of the Nomad Bridge webpage
- Sign in if you haven’t already
- Select your MetaMask account with the stored tokens you are bridging. It should look like the image below.
- Select Next
- Select Connect
Step 3: Change wallet network to Milkomeda
- Click here for detailed instructions on how to Configure MetaMask RPC to C1 Milkomeda.
- Locate the network setting at the top of your MetaMask wallet(shown below)
- Change network to Milkomeda by selecting ‘Milkomeda’ from the drop-down list.
Step 4: Setting up the Nomad Bridge
- Set the Origin as ‘Ethereum’
- Destination as ‘Milkomeda C1’
- The addresses should match your MetaMask wallet address
- It should appear as shown below
- Select the Token from Dropdown (CARDS, C3, GERO)
- Enter the total amount of tokens, and Click ‘Next’
- Select ‘VIA Nomad’,and select ‘SEND’
- Make sure to only select Via Nomad. Do not select ‘Via Connext’
Step 5: Approve Transaction on MetaMask
- First approve permission on MetaMask
- Next, approve the transaction on MetaMask
NOTE: The approval on Nomad can take up to 90 minutes. This is a security measure and it is verifying the transaction.
IMPORTANT! Do not close the tab for the Nomad Bridge.
Step 6: Wait for Nomad Verification
- It will appear similar to the image below
Step 6: Setting up for Milkomeda *you can do this while you wait*
- Navigate to the Milkomeda Bridge. Make sure your MetaMask Network is set to Milkomeda C1
- Select the token from the bridge, and set the amount
- You will need to ensure Milkomeda is funded with MilkADA. To do so you can create a Nami wallet or Flint wallet.
- On Nami, entering your Milkomeda address (The 0x address used on Nomad) on the send screen will automatically convert to Milkomeda mode, and ADA will automatically be converted to MilkADA. It should look similar to below.
- There is a simple step by step instructional guide for using Flint Wallet here.
- Send 6–7 ADA to your Milkomeda Address (this will be the sameMetaMask address used on Nomad).
- Input your Cardano destination address, where you would like to hold your CNT $C3, $CARDS or $GERO, and click send. We recommend users use Gero Wallet!
Step 7: Approve on MetaMask
- Approve Permission on MetaMask
- Approve Transaction on MetaMask
- Wait for the bridge transaction to complete.
All Finished! Your Cardano Native Assets should appear in your wallet!